Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The "Jupiter" Symphony Mozart

I haven't heard this in a couple of years. This first movement has the power of a freight train and the beauty of a meadow. It lights my mind on fire, rips my heart out and tosses it on the flames.

And there is something about music that evokes a certain resistance to suffering that I am still glad I don't completely understand (but I'll keep trying to) because it might not then have the same effect :) faith has been broken, tears must be cried, let's do some living after we've died.

It is why humans generally play music in preparation for an activity or event...weddings, wars, sporting events, just before a politician speaks(usually some twangy awful country thing, at least in the US, oh god!!) to drown out someone's annoying voice before you have to listen to it :) (did I equate weddings and wars??!!) uh oh hehe they have averted some wars in history....and started some....although Paris running off with Helen wasn't really marriage I guess....call it consensual coital bondage leading to carnage :) (good band name)

No comments: