Wednesday, April 29, 2009

from my jornal (IV)

Tuesday, April 21, 2009: It is interesting how animals, especially cats, are so fascinated by human beings. They are particularly interested and curious about the human hand and fingers. They seem to recognize a certain dignity in Man as a species and as individuals that we don't often recognize in ourselves. The human mind is the most complex object ever discovered in the Universe.

It is a shame we cannot often recognize or grasp the divinity within us.

3 comments:

JReid said...

I really do think there are "cat people" and "dog people," with the latter being somehow needier (of attention, affection, etc.) but also more extroverted. Just an observation.

John said...

I am a cat person, unusual for a man. I don't crave attention, I avoid it. I don't enjoy people thinking about me, looking at me, talking about me, or having any perception or conception of me.

I believe life is a preparation for great moments, one of which is death. We must choose our moments wisely, so that the audience, rather than being dulled with the familiarity of our being, is roused into an enthusiasm for life that will carry them forward.

If life is a stage, it is best to state our lines briefly and brilliantly, and then to exit early, allowing the audience to ruminate over what has been said and to wish for more.

John said...

The obsession today, especially among youth, with continual "updates" on the mundane moments of their lives to their "friends" is inexplicable to me.

I feel such a massive generation gap between me and my OWN generation of gen xers, not to mention even greater with the millenial generation born after 1982.

I am a generation of one.

John.